Distribution order showing not sent

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Cybird-p40

Distribution order showing not sent

Post by Cybird-p40 »

I entered a distribution order charge back in August in FIS and it is showing in my system and on the monthly statement as outstanding. it is saying it was not sent. I have tried send receive several times and it will not go through. What to do?:confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Cybird wrote:I entered a distribution order charge back in August in FIS and it is showing in my system and on the monthly statement as outstanding. it is saying it was not sent. I have tried send receive several times and it will not go through. What to do?:confused:
A Distribution Services charge should be entered as "Not a Check" and therefore should never be in the "Not Sent" state. Did you check the "Not a check" checkbox as you created the expense and then manually enter the reference number?

If you did enter it properly as "Not a check", then this sounds like something you would have to call Local Unit Support about, since it sounds like a problem in the MLS database.

(P.S. It's MLS now, not FIS :))
Cybird-p40

Post by Cybird-p40 »

yes it is not showing as a check and the reference # is showing. Every time I go to log off it says I need to transmit the transaction. I hit send receive and it says it is successful but nothing prints showing it cleared.
Cybird-p40

Post by Cybird-p40 »

maybe I am not understanding the process for distribution orders. I will check with the stake clerk.
mzundel

Post by mzundel »

One of the wards in my stake had a similar problem. Having all the documentation in front of us, we did the following to resolve the issue:

1. Perfomed a backup
2. Deleted the non-check item
3. Performed a Send/Receive
4. Re-added the non-check item with the correct date on the financial statement
5. Performed a Send/Receive
6. Tested a logoff to make sure the warning message was gone

The item had only been in MLS for a few days and was nagging them that it was not sent. I am not quite sure how this will affect reconciliation but everything should wash out in the end to a balance of 0.

Had this been a check, we would have not performed these steps.

Calling support is also a great option!
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

mzundel wrote:One of the wards in my stake had a similar problem. Having all the documentation in front of us, we did the following to resolve the issue:

1. Perfomed a backup
2. Deleted the non-check item
3. Performed a Send/Receive
4. Re-added the non-check item with the correct date on the financial statement
5. Performed a Send/Receive
6. Tested a logoff to make sure the warning message was gone

The item had only been in MLS for a few days and was nagging them that it was not sent. I am not quite sure how this will affect reconciliation but everything should wash out in the end to a balance of 0.

Had this been a check, we would have not performed these steps.

Calling support is also a great option!

This is a great solution to the problem! It should not affect the reconciliation at all, because 1) DC Orders are budget items and the budget is a swept category, and 2) the expense will just be entered in again following the deletion. This procedure really should solve the issue, however if it doesn't, feel free to contact Clerk Support.
Caleb

Return to “Local Unit Finance”