Contact Phone Number for Church Finance HQ

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Lynchfam27

Contact Phone Number for Church Finance HQ

Postby Lynchfam27 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Does anyone know a contact number for the Church Headquarters finance department.

I'm a brand new Ward Clerk and the first week in we had a financial audit. Apparently there has been an un-reconciled balance on our books for about three years or more. They believe it dates back to when the electronic record was first set up in MLS for our ward. The Stake auditor told us that after him reviewing it three times and the stake clerks not being able to figure it out, we should contact church headquarters in order to see about writing off the balance.

He however did not have a number and I haven't had much luck finding what looks like an appropriate number online. Any help is appreciated.

Alternatively, if anyone has seen or resolved a similar problem tracking down a very old unreconciled balance, please share any advice. I'm not completely resolved to writing this balance off, but haven't had much of a chance to review it with our finance clerk. I have an accounting background though, so I'd think I might be able to figure it out.

calebpusey
Community Moderators

Postby calebpusey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 pm

You might first read these two articles on the Reconcile:

1.)Who Can I contact for Reconcile Help?

2.)Reconciliation Instructions

Both of these articles contain valuable information on tracking down old unreconciled differences.
Caleb

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Lynch27 wrote:Does anyone know a contact number for the Church Headquarters finance department.
For the particular issue you are dealing with, the Finance and Records Department help line (MLS finance issues) is 1-800-537-5932. Do not call this number unless the stake clerk for finances has directed you to do so. Have as much detail about the issue as you can ready. You will be asked if you have contacted your stake clerk for help. They will not work with you unless you answer in the affirmative.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”