New Features

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

New Features

Post by drepouille »

LCRF New Features:
- You can now view your local unit budget assignments that were created in MLS.
- Funds can now be transferred to units outside your stake. For example, instead of writing a check, a unit can transfer funds to an agent stake for a multi-stake activity.
- All transfers require dual approval, and one approver must be a member of the stake presidency or bishopric.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Re: New Features

Post by Biggles »

I’m guessing this is being rolled out area by area. At the moment I cannot see any of the items mentioned in drepoulle’s post.

FWIW - I’m the ward clerk.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I can see them as well but our stake was on the beta program for EFT transactions so there is a good chance we are still a beta stake. So this may be a beta program or it may be a staged roll out.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We have been on the beta program as well. However I also think there are various stages of beta testing, so it might happen later! A slight divergence. Unlike the US, here in the UK we aren’t able to make donations, via our Church Account. I hope that will be remedied at some future date. Back to the thread of this post, I am hoping that the options mentioned in the OP will happen sooner rather than later and won’t be something we aren’t able to make use of, like donations I mentioned earlier.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

My guess is that these will be generally available and will be released fairly quickly. Both donations and EFT transactions require interactions with banks and individual members so there is probably a lot more complexity and a lot more that needs complete testing. These features are all internal to church systems so they shouldn't be nearly as complex and I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be available everywhere.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”