Subcategory in other for Pathways

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cahoca

Subcategory in other for Pathways

Post by cahoca »

I have been asked to create a subcategory under "other" for Pathway and then transfer funds that have been allocated for this in the new category. My problem is that I cannot find a way to create the category. When I highlight "Other" the add button below is grayed out. Is this a function that a finance clerk cannot do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Subcategory in other for Pathways

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Anything you create under "Other" will not show up in the end of the year tax report.

I suggest you talk this over with your leaders. I'm not sure as the ward should be concerning itself with any donations to Pathway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Subcategory in other for Pathways

Post by eblood66 »

As russellhltn indicates, check carefully to determine if this is an appropriate use of the Other category. See the article "The Other Category" in the Help Center for guidance. If this is to pay for local expenses involved in running a Pathway program then those should probably be paid directly out of a Budget category.

If the purpose does qualify as a "Authorized Member Financed Activity" then you should be able to create a sub-category of Other:Authorized Member Finance Activities for it. There is no way to create a direct sub-category of Other. Those are created and managed by CHQ only.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”