Purging an Expense in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Purging an Expense in LCR

Post by Hilohi »

How do I purge an expense in LCR?

I tried to do a reimbursement check in LCR for the first time. However, after inputting the necessary information, I noticed that two people had to approve the expense before I could print the check. Since that particular reimbursement request was urgent and there wasn't another person to approve that expense at that moment, I ended up cutting that reimbursement check in MLS instead. Now I have an obsolete expense in LCR that I need to purge.
eblood66

Re: Purging an Expense in LCR

Post by eblood66 »

First I think you'll need to have another approver reject the expense. It should then show up on the Pending Expenses tab and you should be able to click on it and then delete it.

Note that you can also use LCR to print a check without having another person present to approve. You just need to use paper receipts and not upload them. When using paper receipts LCR will let you print the check immediately and then the other signer must review the paper documentation before signing (but they don't have to do an electronic approval).
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

eblood66 wrote:Note that you can also use LCR to print a check without having another person present to approve. You just need to use paper receipts and not upload them. When using paper receipts LCR will let you print the check immediately and then the other signer must review the paper documentation before signing (but they don't have to do an electronic approval).
This is good to know! I was not aware that two approvers did not have to both be present to print a check using LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davesudweeks wrote:
eblood66 wrote:Note that you can also use LCR to print a check without having another person present to approve. You just need to use paper receipts and not upload them. When using paper receipts LCR will let you print the check immediately and then the other signer must review the paper documentation before signing (but they don't have to do an electronic approval).
This is good to know! I was not aware that two approvers did not have to both be present to print a check using LCR.
To clarify: Two approvers are required in LCR if the receipts are electronic and a paper check will be issued. Only one approver is necessary in LCR if the receipts are paper and a paper check will be issued.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

Transfer Possibly related?

I entered a transfer upon 'standing orders' from the Bishop (for missionary support). Then ended up needing to "rejecting" my newly entered transfer. It still sat in the queue for the 2nd approval. A couple of days later I noticed the tiny trash can to the right of the transfer. Clicking on the can deleted the transfer. (I did not need to have a 2nd user logged in.)

I'll need to reenter the transfer sometime this month. (I stopped the initial Xfer because I thought there was a difference in the 'Ward Missionary' balance I was seeing in MLS vs LCR.)

PS: A while ago, I "cut" a paper check in MLS. The first counselor sitting next to me then logged into LCR and we could see no way for him to be 2nd approver for the check. LCR indicated that it had gone directly to the Bishop for his required approval.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

murdock20m wrote:PS: A while ago, I "cut" a paper check in MLS. The first counselor sitting next to me then logged into LCR and we could see no way for him to be 2nd approver for the check.
There is no electronic approval for paper checks unless you upload receipts. If you don't upload receipts then checks work just like they used to: two people (one of whom must be a bishopric member) sign the check and both should review the paper documentation.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I created an expense for a medical bill for $531, and uploaded the scanned image of the bill. Then someone told me that the bill was only $15, which was handwritten on the bill before it was scanned. Unfortunately, the scanner did not pick up the handwriting!

I had to reject the expense, and then delete it from the Pending Expenses list. Then I created the expense again with the new $15 amount.

Should it be this difficult for me to make a correction to the amount of the expense?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”