direct deposit reimbursment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mccalj1

direct deposit reimbursment

Post by mccalj1 »

Is there or will there be a way when a patron submits for reimbursement, if we as finance clerks with approval from the bishop be able to? (rather than print a check) directly deposit or transfer money from our ward budget to a patron account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: direct deposit reimbursment

Post by russellhltn »

It's being rolled to to the US right now. However, the member may have to have an LDS account and have set up their account for reimbursement. I'm not sure if the clerk can enter that info.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:. . . the member may have to have an LDS account and have set up their account for reimbursement.
The member has to go into the Donations site under Settings, add the account, and authorize its use for reimbursements. I was able to select one of the accounts I use for donations, but I still had to specifically authorize it again. I could also have entered a new or different account.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure if the clerk can enter that info.
No, clerks cannot enter the bank information. It has to be done by the member (but as lajackson said, it's only a few clicks if the member wants to use the same account they use for online donations).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:No, clerks cannot enter the bank information. It has to be done by the member
Which of course means that the member has to be using an account with the correct MRN associated with it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mccalj1

Post by mccalj1 »

So let’s say the member has it all setup how do we as finance clerks do the reimbursement to their accounts , (what is the step by step process)?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mccalj1 wrote:So let’s say the member has it all setup how do we as finance clerks do the reimbursement to their accounts , (what is the step by step process)?
Process the expense through LCR Finance and make sure you have selected "US ACH" as the payment method.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The steps are laid out in the Help Center: https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... s?lang=eng
mccalj1

Post by mccalj1 »

Thank you!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”