Sub categories for Ward mission

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
surf40

Sub categories for Ward mission

Post by surf40 »

I'm a Stake Auditor, so I'm not real knowledgeable on the new MLS stuff. Today a clerk asked my how to create sub-categories in "ward Mission" so that money can be era-marked for individual missionaries.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sub categories for Ward mission

Post by russellhltn »

Church Headquarters sets that up. I'm not sure of the exact timing, but I'd expect it to be there before they enter the MTC.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
surf40

Post by surf40 »

That won't work for what they wanted. Somebody donated money for a missionary in another ward. The receiving ward is going to write a check to the other ward's missionary fund. They might be an ongoing donation for several missionaries in this other ward, and they were hopping to make a category for that receiving ward. I guess the proper way to do it is for the person to make out a separate donation to the other ward's missionary fund
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

surf40 wrote:I guess the proper way to do it is for the person to make out a separate donation to the other ward's missionary fund
That's correct. Donations for missionaries in other wards should be made online (where they can select the ward and missionary) or sent to the other ward directly.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”