Pre-Generated Year End Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bcrane84

Pre-Generated Year End Statements

Post by bcrane84 »

I thought I had seen the “pre-generated year end statements” already, but I am not seeing one now? When does it become available? Or how do I make it show up again?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Pre-Generated Year End Statements

Post by lajackson »

bcrane84 wrote:I thought I had seen the “pre-generated year end statements” already, but I am not seeing one now? When does it become available? Or how do I make it show up again?
You saw the generated donation statements that were to be given out before tithing settlement. You will see the year end statements sometime later this month. From past experience, they usually show up (no guarantee) around the 15th to 20th of the month. Again, you will see them when you see them.
bcrane84

Post by bcrane84 »

Awesome! Thank you so much!
brown67

Post by brown67 »

Where are they found when they do come in?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

In LCR, select Finance > Tithing Settlement from the menu and then select the Year End Statement tab. There is a Pre-generated Statement section which will have a link to the report when it shows up. It's currently blank.
steele7

Post by steele7 »

I am also still not seeing this link available. How is it not known when this will be available as it would be beneficial to know this.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It doesn't look like they are available yet. I have no idea what the process is for generating them so I don't know what factors determine when they are made available. It's possible that it's hard for them to predict exactly. In any case, they have never announced when they will be available, only that they will be available before Jan 31st. But last year they appeared on the 19th and the year before on the 14th. So I'd expect them soon (although the next work day is next Tuesday so if it still requires manual intervention it probably won't be until then).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

steele7 wrote:How is it not known when this will be available as it would be beneficial to know this.
Well, they have officially announced that they will be available not later than January 31st. That happens to be the date they are lawfully required to make them available. But as eblood66 said, they usually show up a few days earlier than that.

It is a lot like the W-2 forms and 1099 forms from other companies. They are supposed to get them to us by the end of the month, according to IRS rules.
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

I thought that we had to have them distributed or postmarked by Jan 31 to the recipient?
Hopefully this is incorrect otherwise we will most likely be mailing a bunch rather than handing them out.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mbatemantx wrote:I thought that we had to have them distributed or postmarked by Jan 31 to the recipient?
That is the Internal Revenue Service requirement. I would just hand them out on the first Sunday after you receive them.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”