Approved expense flagged as payment w/o matching record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
s.a.wood15

Approved expense flagged as payment w/o matching record

Post by s.a.wood15 »

In our last CUBS statement, we had a transaction flagged under the description: "A payment was issued by your disbursing bank, but no matching record has been recorded by your unit." The amount of this payment (ref ID 00000268) matches exactly a reimbursement expense that was issued two weeks prior (ref ID 270). I checked the status of this expense and it shows approved, so it looks like the check was cashed. My assumption at this point is that this payment for which there is no record is just the member cashing the check that was issued to them, but for some reason the payment record cannot be matched to the original expense record from our unit. How can I verify that this assumption is correct, and if it is, how do I reconcile the mismatched records?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Approved expense flagged as payment w/o matching record

Post by jdlessley »

Contact local unit support and explain the situation. They should be able to resolve the issue or ask for some more information so they can research the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”