Two expenses have the same ref. number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
alexja

Two expenses have the same ref. number

Post by alexja »

The last two expenses ging out of my stake budget came out with the exact same reference number.

Perhaps, it is noteworthy to say that due to problems with the Stake Center PC the MLS has to be uninstalled and then installed back again last week. GSC had to reset the token in order to be able to transfer info after the reinstall.

July 24 transfer was prior to the reinstall.
Aug 1 transfer was made the day the token was reset.
Differnet dates, different amounts, so we have no idea why MLS put the same ref number.

I mention this becasue probably the reset has something to do with it.

Anyways, since the reference codes are the same, MLS is not letting us use the financial tools in it. We can't see any expenses, or make new ones, and it is all redirecting us to LDS.org. Though, MLS do shows us an ERROR message that says one of the expenses should either be modified (ref, number) or deleted. The thing is that MLS can't be used for doing any of those things, and LDS.org does not give an option to do any of those either. We are freaking out. We have YW's camp this wee and we need to transfer funds to several supplier accounts.

Has anyone been on the same situation? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two expenses have the same ref. number

Post by russellhltn »

Probably going to have to call support and have them fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alexja

Post by alexja »

I did, they are confused and can't solve it yet. We are desperately in need of transferring funds!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

alexja wrote:I did, they are confused and can't solve it yet. We are desperately in need of transferring funds!
I really doubt there is anything you can do on your own. You'll have to wait for them to fix it or (if they haven't already) ask them to escalate it to second level support or to the developers.
alexja

Post by alexja »

We worked our way around the issue and now we just use lds.org to transfer funds. It is working seamlessly but nobody told us it could be done that way. It is way easier and more user friendly.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”