How to remove missionaries from donation tab

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rcwso

How to remove missionaries from donation tab

Post by rcwso »

How do you remove missionaries names that have completed their mission but their names show up on the on-line drop down missionary tab for donations? I have 4 names that are no longer serving and we have had people continue to donate to those missionaries. I would like to have their names no longer appear for people to choose on the drop down menu on-line.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to remove missionaries from donation tab

Post by russellhltn »

The account has to be zero for a period of time and then it should disappear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JeffNielson

Post by JeffNielson »

I have an account that ward members keep donating to but the family has moved and withdrawals come out of the new ward. I have zero'd out the account but members won't stop donating to it. It won't stay zero for long. Who do I contact to get it removed?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The name should have moved to the new ward when financial responsibility moved. Members in your ward should now have to select Missionary in Another Unit to contribute, at least online. This will not zero out your unit balance, but it should stop additional contributions.

Are you sure the new ward account is being swept for this missionary? You may need to contact Local Unit Support to make sure. Missionary financial responsibility does not transfer just because a membership record does.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:The name should have moved to the new ward when financial responsibility moved. Members in your ward should now have to select Missionary in Another Unit to contribute, at least online.
The names listed online aren't based on where the missionaries record is located or where the financial responsibility is located. The names listed are all the active accounts for the unit. So a missionary will continue to show up online until the account is zero'd and there is no activity for a couple months.

We had this problem too. There was someone in the ward who would donated $5 to every missionary in the ward every month. That kept resetting the timer on a couple of the accounts. We had to talk to the member, explain the situation and ask them to refrain from donating to the missionaries who had moved or were already home.

You could try calling the global service center and see if they can close the account immediately instead of waiting the usual time. Make sure the account is zero'ed out before you call or they definitely won't be able to do it. If they can't do that then you'll just have to do as we did and contact the members and ask them to either stop donating or to select the new ward and donate to the account there.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”