"How much is left to pay on my missionary?"

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joejep

"How much is left to pay on my missionary?"

Post by joejep »

I have a parent wondering how much is left to pay on his missionary who returns at the end of next month? Is that the amount listed under his account? -or do I need to run a report and match up his number of months served?
davesudweeks

Re: "How much is left to pay on my missionary?"

Post by davesudweeks »

If the account is current, the most they will need to pay is the last month. Depending on a missionary's return date, there could be 1 extra month of charges. See the below threads for more information.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ed#p152993
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ed#p135599

All you should need to do is tell them the current balance and let them know if the June payment has been pulled yet.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

There is no requirement to have the account "perfect" by the time the missionary returns (but of course it's up to the bishop). We've had multiple families requested to "true up" the account multiple months after the missionary returned. There also may be other donors as well. I would be inclined to just have them wait a month or two and then let them know what the "final" balance is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote: I would be inclined to just have them wait a month or two and then let them know what the "final" balance is.
Two issues with that. First, it can be hard to collect once the missionary returns. Second, as long as the parent missionary account doesn't go negitve - otherwise, expect an inquiry.

If you don't think either will be a problem, then or may work ok.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”