Processing Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Processing Donations

Post by drepouille »

Is it appropriate for the clerk to open all the donation envelopes while the bishopric member watches, and then for the bishopric member to enter the donations into MLS while the clerk watches? I've never seen it done that way.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Processing Donations

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Is it appropriate for the clerk to open all the donation envelopes while the bishopric member watches, and then for the bishopric member to enter the donations into MLS while the clerk watches? I've never seen it done that way.
Well, I have usually seen it done exactly the opposite way, but they have followed the two-person principle. I suppose if the clerk likes to open envelopes and the counselor likes to type, there is nothing wrong with what they have done as long as they are doing it together.
cchang

Re: Processing Donations

Post by cchang »

As long as the same two person complete the entire process of opening, entering and delivering the deposit, the order should not matter. What matters is that the same two person complete the entire process. It probably helps to switch functions so that each member knows how to do each function in the absence of one member.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”