How to calculate budgets after ward realigment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joshuapett

How to calculate budgets after ward realigment

Post by joshuapett »

I am a stake clerk and we recently shifted a population from one ward to another. What is the proper procedure for calculating how much budget to transfer with that realignment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to calculate budgets after ward realigment

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know as there is a "proper" procedure, but since the budget is figured on attendence, I'd suggest making a split based on estimated attendence.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: How to calculate budgets after ward realigment

Post by jonesrk »

What we have done is take the total money all the wards affected would get (we set their allotment to 0 for the 2 times affected) and split it up based on the ratios of total members in each ward after the split to total members in all those wards. We transfer that amount manual for those 2 times and then reset the allotment percentages).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”