Online donation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rickb

Online donation

Post by rickb »

A new family moved into our ward and has a son on a mission. We also had a missionary return from her mission.

On the online donation slip where you can make a donation to a missionary, RM's name is still there and neither the bishop nor ward clerk can remove her name nor add the Elder's name to the list.

I should add that I'm in the bishopric organization. I just want to be able to donate to our "new" missionary.

What can I tell our ward clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online donation

Post by russellhltn »

The movement of the family doesn't automatically move the financial responsibility for the missionary. The bishop or the clerk needs to contact church headquarters to make that happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

For the mission who has come home, the clerk needs to make sure the account has a zero balance. Once the balance has been set to zero CHQ will automatically delete it within a month or two without further intervention.

As russellhltn said, when a missionary family moves the financial responsibility doesn't move automatically. It has to be initiated by either the former or new unit. That can be done by calling global support but there have also been reports that it can be done in the missionary recommendation system but I don't have first hand knowledge of that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition, the effective date of the transfer needs to be coordinated with when the family changes their donation so that neither unit ends up with a debt because the payment went somewhere else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”