Year End Ward Financial Audit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Robartsr

Year End Ward Financial Audit

Post by Robartsr »

Conducted and completed the audit and used the wrong Ward Name and Number. How do I edit the Audit and add the correct unit? Cannot find any way to edit or correct the unit.
drepouille

Re: Year End Ward Financial Audit

Post by drepouille »

Are you using the LUFAS web site? If so, it does not appear possible to use the wrong unit name or number, since the dashboard is prepopulated with all that information. There is nothing to enter. Just choose the unit, and begin the audit.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Robartsr

Post by Robartsr »

At the very start of the audit I mistakenly clicked on the wrong ward and did not realize it until the audit was completed and ready for signing.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

HA! The brother who audited my ward today did the same thing! I stopped him after the first few audit questions because I saw the wrong unit name at the top of the LUFAS screen. He left that audit open, and started a new audit on the correct unit.

I sent an email to the other members of the stake audit committee. (I am a member of the stake audit committee, as well as being a ward clerk.) I just hope that a different auditor can continue the audit that this brother mistakenly started. Otherwise, we will need to call on the area auditor.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

From the Help Center:

Reassigning an Audit
Only Church Auditing Department personnel can reassign an audit.

Procedure
If an audit has been started but the wrong ward was selected, contact the assistant area auditor for assistance.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Here is the response from my assistant area auditor:
Any auditor can open any audit that is in progress. However, the Audit Department decided that is not normally something the committee chairman should do.

The auditor can simply open the audit, delete what has been entered, and start from the beginning. To do this, the auditor clicks on the 3 stacked dots to the right of the Year-end 2017 audit line, and that opens a drop-down menu. He can then click on “Edit Online Audit” and go at it.

Might be best to have him try this at home a day or two before he plans to do the audit, just to make sure it works properly for him.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”