Reimbursable accounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Reimbursable accounts

Post by wrigjef »

A few years ago when I was a stake financial clerk, the Stake had a few accounts that were funded by salt lake as opposed to coming out of a budget. Is this still the case?
davesudweeks

Re: Reimbursable accounts

Post by davesudweeks »

While deployed to the Middle East last year, I was serving as Clerk in a military branch and was told that leadership travel expenses were reimbursed from Salt Lake City directly. I had never heard of that before, but it did work for my air fare to a neighboring country to attend a Stake meeting.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We had a thread discussing mileage reimbursement here: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5391
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

The linked thread seems to refer to members being reimbursed from ward budget funds. My question relates to stakes and if they still have a category, or more, titled 'reimbursebale' that gets its funds directly from salt lake. Not the Stake budget, not member funded-other.

For example, a stake creates a budget at the beginning of the year like normal. After the budget has been allocated, a priesthood leader is notified the he is to travel to philmont scout camp for some national training. The priesthood leader buys a ticket, travels and turns the the receipt to the Stake. The clerk writes a check from the reimbursable-priesthood leader travel even though that account has no balance. When the check is cashed, Salt Lake funds the reimbursable account but since the check was cashed, the reimbursable account is still has not balance.

I'm wondering if those reimbursable accounts still exist? I don't think they ever existed at the ward level but I know I did have them when I was a stake financial clerk. Now I'm a ward Executive secretary and the stake financial clerk says he is not familiar with a reimbursable account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Years ago, I remember such as thing for telephone expenses. But now, I think FM tends to handle that.

I'd imagine that the accounts depends on the needs of the stake. Not every stake may have them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”