Printing Mailing Labels

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tom1w

Printing Mailing Labels

Post by tom1w »

How do we print mailing labels for sending out end of the year tithing tax statements?
brantly.w

Re: Printing Mailing Labels

Post by brantly.w »

I am also looking for this info now that Tax statements are available. I tried to call help-desk this morning and the right department is closed until Monday.
Have you found a way yet Tom?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You can print mailing labels using MLS. I don't know if that ability is available yet on LCR. I am not at the church computer at the moment so cannot give specific MLS instructions.

We hand as many as possible out during our Sunday meetings and then only mail those we don't catch. Then we only have to actually mail a handful of them (few enough that printing labels is not useful).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You can print mailing labels from MLS. One way is to select Reports/Forms > Directory of Members from the menu and then select File > Print Mailing Labels from the menu. It will then let you select which households you want to print.

I believe you can also select Finance > Add/Update Donors and then select File > Print Mailing Labels to select non-member donors.
nathangrigg

Post by nathangrigg »

If you fold the statements right, you can use windowed envelopes.
justinyost

Post by justinyost »

This is a bit late but hopefully timely for the new year. You can print from the Membership > Member List page (https://lcr.lds.org/records/member-list?lang=eng). I find this printout more user friendly with spouse names when printing from the Households tab.
iluvmlb625

Post by iluvmlb625 »

If you go to leader and clerk resources and click member list under the membership tab, in the upper right hand corner there is a button that says print. Click on that and at the bottom of that window there is a button that says mailing labels.
bcawley

Post by bcawley »

When I click the PRINT button the only choices I have are... ALL HOUSEHOLDS... SELECTED HOUSEHOLDS... and the PRINT button. I'm using a Mac and the Safari browser, so I switched to the Google browser but it didn't make a difference.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bcawley wrote:When I click the PRINT button the only choices I have are... ALL HOUSEHOLDS... SELECTED HOUSEHOLDS... and the PRINT button. I'm using a Mac and the Safari browser, so I switched to the Google browser but it didn't make a difference.
The Mailing Labels hyperlink is just below the Print button. Are you saying that hyperlink is not available? Do you have any printers or print drivers installed on your computer?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bcawley

Post by bcawley »

The hyperlink does not appear below the print button and I have two HP printers and print drivers installed on my Mac.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”