Record-Keeping Status

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Record-Keeping Status

Post by drepouille »

Our Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance received a message from the Church that told him one or more units in the stake have not submitted their 2017 Tithing Report (due 15 Jan). So he forwarded the email to his counterparts in each unit. The message did not indicate which units had failed to submit their reports.

I suggested to him that he check the Record-Keeping Status report on LCR, which should tell him the submission status of every unit in the stake. However, he discovered that his calling does not grant him access to that report in LCR. The only LCR report he can see is Welfare Services Provided.

Does that seem strange to you that he receives that email reminder, but his LCR access denies him the ability to see the details?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Re: Record-Keeping Status

Post by eblood66 »

There have been some quirks in how they decided the rights for the finance part of LCR. When the Tithing Settlement section was first rolled out it did not let ward finance clerks view the tithing settlement report. I asked support about it and they said it was an intentional decision and that only the bishop and ward clerk could see it. But the next year they had given finance clerks permission to view the report. So they do reconsider these things sometimes.

I'd submit feedback, pointing out the discrepancy. It may not happen right away but I expect it will change eventually.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”