Online/credicard payments for Member financed activities

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jimncyn

Online/credicard payments for Member financed activities

Post by jimncyn »

Our stake is chartering a bus for a temple trip. Members who participate in the trip will pay for their seat on the bus.
I assume that means we will be setting up an Other:AMFA:Temple trip account in the stake and each ward.
Is there any approved mechanism whereby members can make credit card, electronic, or online payments to pay for their bus trip?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online/credicard payments for Member financed activities

Post by lajackson »

jimncyn wrote:Is there any approved mechanism whereby members can make credit card, electronic, or online payments to pay for their bus trip?
Online donations does not support locally created Other sub-accounts. Members will need to pay by check or cash, giving an envelope to a member of the bishopric.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've heard that the church has a contract with a web company for doing things like youth/singles conferences. But they're expensive. Like $5/head.

Having someone set up some kind of "outside" account sounds problematic as it would be hard to oversee.

I'm afraid you may be stuck with "old school" - those small gray envelopes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jimncyn

Post by jimncyn »

Where can I get information about the church's "contract with a web company"?
Perhaps we could offer it for members willing to pay a high premium for the convenience and still use the small gray envelopes for others.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jimncyn wrote:Where can I get information about the church's "contract with a web company"?
This second-hand rumor was from years ago. I'm not sure if it still applies. But take a look at regonline.com. You could give them a call and see if they have any discounts on the pricing. The website does say they do discounts for a 501(c) (non-profit).

I have seen them used in the context of a multi-regional YSA conference.

Let us know how it turns out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
jimncyn wrote:Where can I get information about the church's "contract with a web company"?
This second-hand rumor was from years ago. I'm not sure if it still applies. But take a look at regonline.com. You could give them a call and see if they have any discounts on the pricing. The website does say they do discounts for a 501(c) (non-profit).
I don't think such a service would conform to normal church policies for money handling (for one thing it could be interpreted as holding a second unit account). So I'd think authorization from at least the area would be needed before using such a service. I expect any multi-region YSA conference had such approval.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”