Year end statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cmgoodwin

Year end statements

Post by cmgoodwin »

So my ward clerk and I have both generated and printed 2017 Year End Statements for a few members over the last couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden when we go to the page to do it, we only have access to statements from 2015 and 2016. Anybody else having this problem, or know why we're no longer able to access last year?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Year end statements

Post by rmrichesjr »

Until someone with any really useful suggestions replies, have you checked to make sure the date on the computer in question is set correctly?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It has become common for the church to disable the ability to generate individual statements for the previous year until after the pre-generated statements have been created. I expect that they want people to wait and use the pre-generated statements. It's also possible that the server that does the generation is busy doing the pre-generated statements.

All you can do is just wait until the pre-generated statement shows up (and unless they add a note on in LCR we won't know when that will be--but probably this week sometime).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:It has become common for the church to disable the ability to generate individual statements for the previous year until after the pre-generated statements have been created.
I can still access 2015 and 2016, but there's no 2017 yet. I wouldn't think anyone could generate a donor statement (tax receipt) until the church has created it. Donor History can be run at any time, but doesn't have the language needed for tax filings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tom1w

Post by tom1w »

Once again, with all the upgrades this year, we are having trouble printing address labels to send year end statements.
What is the solution this year?
blu2skye

Post by blu2skye »

I am seeing the same thing, no 2017 year in the drop down
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I'll bet you a dollar that all ward clerks will receive an email when the 2017 tax statements are available for download.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And someone will post the news here within minutes, if not seconds.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Having said that, a clerk needs to specify in his LDS Account settings that he wishes to receive messages pertaining to his calling.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
tdye

Post by tdye »

I have my fingers crossed that CHQ will release the statement before this Sunday, since our ward won't have regularly scheduled meetings the final Sunday of the month due to a regional broadcast. Otherwise, looks like I have a bright future of envelope stuffing ahead of me.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”