No Mission Car Charged?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BrettMiller

No Mission Car Charged?

Post by BrettMiller »

Here is an interesting one:
A couple in our ward returned home from the mission in England with an excess $1300 in their Ward Mission account. I asked them what they wanted me to do with the excess, but he was sure there shouldn't be any excess. It turns out that they should have been charged $150 /month for their car, but it was never debited. 18 times they paid $1550 and 18 times $1400 was withdrawn. They are sure the mission system properly reflected that they were using a mission car. Anyone have experience with senior couples mission car charges?

What should be done at this point?
mfmohlma

Re: No Mission Car Charged?

Post by mfmohlma »

I'm sure you'll have to contact the mission department to see if they can straighten it out.
AAAuditor

Post by AAAuditor »

I would be interested in the followup, if there is an answer. We have the exact same situation here, and would like to advise the couple still currently serving.
BrettMiller

Post by BrettMiller »

After calling LUS, and getting it escalated, this is the reply I received:

"Please have the leader or the returned missionaries contact the mission office where the service occurred (specific mission). The mission office will then need to contact Mission Support to take care of this matter. Apparently this was something that should have been set up at the beginning of the mission, but the mission office and CHQ Mission Support will be able to resolve this.
AAAuditor

Post by AAAuditor »

Just a follow up....some Senior Missionary assignments come with a car at no charge to the Missionary. Some cars in the mission are available for use by the Senior Missionaries and they are charged for them, either by deduction from their missionary account or paid locally to the appropriate office. In our mission some of the cars are shared and the cost is split among the couples . Hope that helps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

AAAuditor wrote:Just a follow up....some Senior Missionary assignments come with a car at no charge to the Missionary. Some cars in the mission are available for use by the Senior Missionaries and they are charged for them, either by deduction from their missionary account or paid locally to the appropriate office. In our mission some of the cars are shared and the cost is split among the couples .
Interesting. It wouldn't surprise me in the least but what a couple were briefed on "worst case" situation, but arrives to their assignment to find they're not charged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”