Pre-Generated Donor Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rjamesh77

Pre-Generated Donor Statements

Post by rjamesh77 »

I am a new ward clerk getting ready for tithing settlement. Each donor has the option to go to their donation page and, under settings, check a box that says "My financial statements do not need to be printed by my Ward." I have done so for my own account. When I then go to the pre-generated donor statements as if I am going to print them, my donation summary comes up for printing. I would like to avoid printing copies for those people who have checked this box. What am I missing folks? Thanks for any help.

RJH in VA
eblood66

Re: Pre-Generated Donor Statements

Post by eblood66 »

You have to check the box before CHQ generates the statements. It looks like they generated the statements around Sept 30th so unless you checked the box before that, it won't have any affect on which statements are included in the pre-generated PDF.
rjamesh77

Post by rjamesh77 »

Thanks eblood66. So, if we want to start settlement in November, have the members check their boxes by the end of October?

RJH in VA
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The pregenerated statements are being published earlier each year. Once they are generated and published, they are done for the year. When I hand out the printed statements, I tell the members, "If you do not want to receive this NEXT year, please opt out on the donations page on lds.org".
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

CHQ generates the statements on their schedule and it does not depend on when you start tithing settlement. Last year they didn't generate them until early November. This year they generated them at the end of September. My guess is that future years will be similar to this year. So members need to check the boxes before the end of September in order to avoid being included in the pre-generated statements.

But for this year, it's already too late to affect the donation statements. However, tax statements will come out mid-January. So getting members to check boxes before then will reduce the number of tax statements you have to print.
rjamesh77

Post by rjamesh77 »

Got it. Thanks.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”