Expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sethoo

Expenses

Postby sethoo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 am

How do I edit an error made in an expensis that has been submitted?
I mean how do I edit an expenses that has been submitted?

davesudweeks

Re: Expenses

Postby davesudweeks » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 am

In MLS, open the original expense and correct the error there, then do a send/receive. You should print expense report again and file it with the original expense documentation for audit purposes.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:47 pm

You will most likely have printed a check in completing the process. Follow the instructions found in the Help Center article Misprinted Checks and print the replacement check after the original expense has been corrected.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

sethoo

Postby sethoo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 am

What if the expenses in MLS has been approved and can not be edited?
Approved expenses in MLS can not be changed or edited. how do you go about that?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm

What kind of change are you trying to make? You should be able to re-classify the expense, but I doubt if you can change the amount.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:38 pm

sethoo wrote:What if the expenses in MLS has been approved and can not be edited?
Approved expenses in MLS can not be changed or edited. how do you go about that?

You should be able to edit the category of any check expense within the US/Canada. If the amount was wrong then you need to void the previous check and issue a new one.

If the expense is a transfer then you can't edit it. To adjust the category you'd have to make a transfer from the incorrect category to the correct category assuming they are within the same top level category. To correct an incorrect transfer between top level categories you have to print a check and then deposit it back into your account.

For other kinds of expenses (in areas other than the US or Canada) you'd need to check with your area office on how to handle correcting mistakes. I'm guessing your talking about some non-check expense outside the US/Canada because the term Approved isn't used for checks here (it's either Issued or Cleared). If that's the case, it would help to know what area you are in. It's possible some other user may know what to do.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”