W-9 request for scout fundraiser

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:57 pm

W-9 request for scout fundraiser

Postby brianwren » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:56 am

Like many scout troops, our ward's troop does a flag fundraiser every year. This year a local HOA wants our troop to install flags at the neighborhood's entrances but is requesting a W-9 before they will pay the scouts for the service. Can anyone point me to whether a W-9 is appropriate, and if so, where to obtain one?

Community Administrator
Posts: 22387
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: W-9 request for scout fundraiser

Postby russellhltn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm

The W-9 can be found on the irs.gov site. The main piece of information you're going to need is the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). I'm not sure if that would be coming from the church our the scouts.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Senior Member
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: W-9 request for scout fundraiser

Postby eblood66 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:54 pm

The question came up previously in this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7772

Unfortunately, there was not any definite resolution. The best recommendation was to contact the Tax Administration Department at CHQ for guidance.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests