Other: Authorized Member-Funded Activity balance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
petemesquite

Other: Authorized Member-Funded Activity balance

Post by petemesquite »

I have a balance in the Authorized Member-Funded Activity category for two separate specific activities, but both occurred years ago (2014 and 2015). I wasn't the clerk at that time but inherited the balance. One activity was on the stake level and the stake told me they already received all the funds they were owed. The other was for a multi-stake activity hosted by another stake. I assume they aren't owed money since it has been over two years. I am in a YSA ward, so most of the members who donated would be difficult to track down, at best (but a few may still be around).

What can I do to move the excess funds and balance out the "Other" category? Is it appropriate to move that to budget, or should it be sent to church HQ? If I need to send it to church HQ, how do I do that?
eblood66

Re: Other: Authorized Member-Funded Activity balance

Post by eblood66 »

It should be sent to CHQ. Contact the Global Service Center for current instructions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Other: Authorized Member-Funded Activity balance

Post by russellhltn »

petemesquite wrote:Is it appropriate to move that to budget
That's a pretty big no-no. That might be done if it can be shown that there was a transfer from budget to "Other". (Although the transfer from budget would have to be larger or the same as the remaining balance.)

Assuming that the activity wasn't a one-off, you might be able to roll it into the following year's activity. But if neither of those are an option, then I'd say you need to send it to CHQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”