Two leader approval for fast offering expenses?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rgme

Two leader approval for fast offering expenses?

Post by rgme »

I'm trying to balance these requirements in the setting of fast offering expenses:
  1. Two leaders (Bishop + organization leader) approve all expenses
  2. Fast offering amounts are confidential (Handbook 1, 5.2.8)
  3. Bishop "personally approves" all fast offering expenses
Is an organization leader's signature required for fast offering expenses? Does the Bishop alone approve the expense on a request form, and then the two signatures on the check satisfy the 2-leader policy? (Assuming the don't-sign-your-own-check isn't an issue.)

Does anybody have insight into this?
Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two leader approval for fast offering expenses?

Post by russellhltn »

rgme wrote:Two leaders (Bishop + organization leader) approve all expenses
I'm not sure where you got that. That would be appropriate for checks written against organizational budgets, but I don't see that as valid for Fast Offering.

You may want to refer to Handbook 1:5.2.4 Heading "Fast Offerings" Item #7
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgme

Re: Two leader approval for fast offering expenses?

Post by rgme »

russellhltn wrote:
rgme wrote:Two leaders (Bishop + organization leader) approve all expenses
I'm not sure where you got that.
I took it from the Help Center: https://www.lds.org/help/support/expens ... s?lang=eng.
But you hit at my question--do Fast Offering expenses fall under different guidelines?

It also brings up another discussion (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29274).
Are we to have two approvers but auditing on having only one? Or do we always count the two approvers as the two signing the check and/or batch report?
I don't have access to LUFAS now, but at our last audit, it seemed to only check for the bishop's approval.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”