Category

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tfaleono

Category

Post by tfaleono »

What bishop asked me to cut a check paid to our stake for a young man & a young woman who cannot afford to pay for scout camp & YW camp respectfully. My question is do I take funds out of the YM & YW budget or is their another category which a withdraw these funds such as fast offerings? Would really appreciate if anyone has been in a similar situation & knows the correct protocol or category. Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Category

Post by russellhltn »

I'd expect it to come out of Fast Offering, but since it's the bishop who's directing it to be done, I'd ask him. If you have any other questions (such as if this is an appropriate use of funds), it would be best to direct them to the stake clerk who is responsible for training ward clerks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I don't think Fast Offerings is appropriate. If no fund-raiser collected funds for your Other-AMFA account, then you should use budget funds.
Also, I would do an MLS transfer to the stake, rather than print a check, unless that is not an option in your area of the world.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
tfaleono

Post by tfaleono »

Thank you, my bishop is still a greenie, my stake clerk just got called & has never been a clerk before. I have been a clerk for 10 yrs but this is the first time this situation has come up. Thanks for all your help!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Handbook 2, 13.2.8 (Funding for Activities) and possibly 13.5 (Optional Activities) provide good context that may help your new bishop make a judgement.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tfaleono

Post by tfaleono »

Thx for the info

Return to “Local Unit Finance”