Audit recovery of data

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
christopherneal

Audit recovery of data

Post by christopherneal »

Was working on ______Ward audit yesterday. We completed everything including worksheets. I had to go to an earlier page to correct an omission when I tried to continue all the information on the worksheets for questions 16-20 and 21-23 had disappered as well as the answers to the questions.

Have been unable to retrieve it. Do you have any suggestions?

PS Is there an auto backup during an audit? If so, how do you retrieve/open the backup file?
drepouille

Re: Audit recovery of data

Post by drepouille »

All I can say is that you should never use the browser's Back button when using such web applications.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
christopherneal

Post by christopherneal »

Just talked to Bro. Evans at tech for The Church. He said bug in program. Cannot have MLS and LUFAS open at the same time. If you go into MLS (as other reports) then MLS logs you out of LUFAS and you are working stand-alone and nothing you enter is saved.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

christopherneal wrote:Just talked to Bro. Evans at tech for The Church. He said bug in program. Cannot have MLS and LUFAS open at the same time. If you go into MLS (as other reports) then MLS logs you out of LUFAS and you are working stand-alone and nothing you enter is saved.
I'm assuming that you're referring to LCR and not MLS.

Most of the Church applications are behind the LDS Account single sign on. If you are logged in as an auditor using LUFAS and then the clerk logs into LCR, his SSO authentication replaces yours and you are logged out of LUFAS. (Technically, he is now logged into LUFAS.)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

christopherneal wrote:Have been unable to retrieve it. Do you have any suggestions?
You can't. It is gone. The best solution for the future is to save as you go, but there is no automatic save or backup. You have to save manually.

Usually, if you do, you can leave the audit, and when you return you will be where you last left off. But you have to do the saving yourself. LUFAS does not save until the end, when you sign the audit, and even then only if you actually press the Save button.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I find this interesting. Our auditors have received several emails warning us of various bugs and problems with LUFAS. I think every one of those bugs has been mentioned in opening posts in this forum. That indicates that this information is not being disseminated to all auditors in all stakes and missions. I'm not really surprised, as communication has always been a problem in the church. I just find it interesting that e-communications remain poor in this day of instant communication.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

As a last ditch effort, you can see if the browser has remembered the entries in the forms. Go into each entry location, and press the down arrow to choose the last-entered information.

This just encourages me to bring my own laptop for each audit.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”