Cheque donation paid into the wrong category

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
germans2

Cheque donation paid into the wrong category

Post by germans2 »

Hi I was asked to pay a cheque in. There was a bit of a mix up and at first I was told it was to go to youth. Now I have found out it should have just been a fast offering. How can I get this changed.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cheque donation paid into the wrong category

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not clear on what your role in this is. If you are the donor, work with your ward clerk or ward fiancé clerk to get it corrected.

If you are the clerk, I'm sure there's a way to do it. Someone who works MLS on a weekly basis will be able to guide you though the steps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

To change the category of a donation you need to use the View/Update Donations option in the MLS menu, find the batch for the donation and then find the specific slip within that batch. The just edit the amounts to set the wrong category to 0 and the correct category to the amount of the donation. Then save. It should ask if you want to reprint the donation report. You should do so and then file the updated report with the original batch documentation.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:ward fiancé clerk
Although some single adult wards could use a fiancé clerk to help keep track of engagements and marriages; in most wards, the finance clerk is more suited to dealing with MLS questions. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dang auto-correct.....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”