reissue CANADIAN tax form after ammendment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:20 pm

reissue CANADIAN tax form after ammendment

Postby mkeeping » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 pm


We had to make a correction to a donation a member made at the beginning of 2016 which involved incorrect assignment of donations to members. Both members have since moved out of my ward.

I submitted a correction to the donation through MLS but I'm wondering about generating or reissuing corrected tax forms. Will I need to contact LUS or GSC to figure this out or is this something that our members may be able to print on their own? Will the forms be mailed? I'm just not sure about this situation.

Its now 10pm where I am at and I'm struggling to find an answer; if anyone out there knows please let me know - otherwise I will be contacting GSC first thing in the morning.


Senior Member
Posts: 2730
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: reissue CANADIAN tax form after ammendment

Postby eblood66 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:43 am

If they live in Canada then they probably can regenerate and then print the statement themselves online. Alternatively, their current ward should be able to regenerate their statement. If they are no longer in Canada, then their current ward clerk will need to contact GSC on their behalf to get a new statement.

In either case, you as a clerk from another ward can't really do anything. You can try calling GSC but any statement they generate will probably show up in their current ward. It's probably best just to have them work with their current ward clerk (if they can't just generate it themselves online).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests