Donor names and addresses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Donor names and addresses

Post by drepouille »

The scouting committee has asked me, the ward clerk, for a list of all donors to last year's scouting fundraiser. Since all those donations went to the AMFA Scouting subcategory, it is easy to create a report of the names of the donors and the amounts they donated. However, I cannot see a way to print their addresses, either in LCR Finance or in MLS.

LCR Finance allows me to merge donors, but it does not show the addresses of the donors. MLS allows me to edit each donor, and thereby see their addresses, one by one. I would have to copy and paste each name and address from MLS into a document to get the list that was requested.

On a related note, since many of these donors are not members of the Church, we had to create donation slips for each non-member donation, and we often did not transcribe their address onto the donation slip, or into the MLS donor record. So in some cases, their address is not present in either MLS or LCR Finance. In these cases, we have to hope we can find the handwritten records of the scouting fundraiser for last year.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donor names and addresses

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:The scouting committee has asked me, the ward clerk, for a list of all donors to last year's scouting fundraiser.
The ward Scouting committee, or the BSA? Either way, my donation information to the Church is private and is not to be given to anyone except authorized Church leaders. I don't think Handbook 1:13.8 and 14.5 cover the Scouting committee.

I would definitely speak with the bishop first on this one.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our YM leaders just want to knock on all the same doors they did last year. We want to give them the same opportunity to donate to this year's fundraiser. I am hoping that somebody in our YM/scouting organization kept the records from last year's fundraiser.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Our YM leaders just want to knock on all the same doors they did last year.
That would work for me. They should share the opportunity with others, too, I would think.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”