Electronic Signatures on Reimbursement Forms

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
leejdjd

Electronic Signatures on Reimbursement Forms

Post by leejdjd »

I have had several requests to move our paper-and-ink based reimbursement system to an electronic system. I worry that for audit purposes an electronic signature might not be allowed. Has anyone had experience with electronic forms and whether printed copies of the electronic forms (and signatures) work for audit purposes?

Thanks!
chriswoodut

Re: Electronic Signatures on Reimbursement Forms

Post by chriswoodut »

leejdjd wrote:I have had several requests to move our paper-and-ink based reimbursement system to an electronic system. I worry that for audit purposes an electronic signature might not be allowed. Has anyone had experience with electronic forms and whether printed copies of the electronic forms (and signatures) work for audit purposes?
I'm curious if you ever implemented a system. I once had someone submit a reimbursement form for electronic signature to the YM president and then it routed to me. I was fine with this and printed it out and then had the Bishop sign it. However, the original person used a service he subscribed to and the process was initiated on his end.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a free system or method to do the following:
1. Person probably goes to a website that already has the form setup.
2. They fill out the electronic reimbursement form
3. They attach images of receipts to the request
4. They select or enter the email address of the organization president for approval.
5. Org president approves it and it gets routed to the clerk.
5. Clerk prints it out and makes it all paper based again for the Bishop's real signature and to keep auditors happy.

Any ideas? I see #1 as the biggest hurdle (most electronic signature systems don't have an existing form on a centralized system as a starting point).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”