Overdrawn Budget amount

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
GilCeniceros

Overdrawn Budget amount

Post by GilCeniceros »

Hi everyone.
We encountered a situation where our Branch budget was overdrawn for the quarter by about $100, mainly due to curriculum purchases and printer toner cartridges for the library.
What should be the best way to rectify this overdraft? Will it be carried into the next quarter, reducing the budget for it?
I don't see anything in the Clerk Instructions talking about this situation.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Overdrawn Budget amount

Post by russellhltn »

GilCeniceros wrote:Will it be carried into the next quarter, reducing the budget for it?
Yes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: Overdrawn Budget amount

Post by drepouille »

I believe about December 10th, you probably received a message in MLS that told you how much would be deposited into your budget in January, based upon the quarterly report you submitted back in October. I hope your branch budget balance did not remain negative after you received that deposit in January. You won't receive another deposit until April.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”