Official Canada Tax Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
peterbing

Official Canada Tax Statement

Post by peterbing »

A donation on December 18, 2016 was made to the wrong name - both contributors had the same last name and the wrong name was selected for the donation. I caught the error when reviewing the Official Canada Tax Statements. I have made the correction to the December 18 Batch Report however the Tax Statement has not changed. How do I ensure the corrected year-end donation amounts get posted to the Official Tax Statement?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Official Canada Tax Statement

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
awatters

Post by awatters »

Was there any resolution to this issue? I have a similar challenge: correcting previous year's information and needing a corrected Official Tax Receipt.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

awatters wrote:Was there any resolution to this issue? I have a similar challenge: correcting previous year's information and needing a corrected Official Tax Receipt.
The post you're asking about was just made yesterday (a Saturday), so there has not yet been time to contact Local Unit Support during its regular hours.
ianaronald

Post by ianaronald »

Any update? I have the same problem
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ianaronald wrote:Any update? I have the same problem
I'd imagine that you're going to have to contact Local Unit Support as well. Unless there a trick to regenerating the statement, there's nothing you can do on your side to fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stevegoth

Post by stevegoth »

I have had a similar issue, but it appears to have been resolved by now. I am now able to generate new updated Official Tax Receipts for individual members with corrected donation data.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”