Official US Tax Statement (LCR) Will not Generate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jward22

Re: Official US Tax Statement (LCR) Will not Generate

Post by jward22 »

I am also on the tithing settlement page for year end statements 2017. The pre-generated link is not populated, and when I try to generate a statement, I cannot select the 2017 tax year. How long must I wait to access the end of year statement?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looking unthread, they didn't start appearing until the 14th. That was two Sundays and a work week - almost 3 Sundays into the new year. Depending on how the church schedules, I'd expect to see them appear sometime between now and the 20th.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesOchenrider

Post by JamesOchenrider »

I am unable to see the Pre- Generate Tax statements link to print the Tax Statements. Tithing settlement is closed out and submitted. Please advise.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JamesOchenrider wrote:I am unable to see the Pre- Generate Tax statements link to print the Tax Statements. Tithing settlement is closed out and submitted. Please advise.
You just have to wait until CHQ generates them. There isn't anything you can do to hurry that up. Our guess it that it will happen sometime this week but that's just a guess. Statement generation doesn't depend on whether the tithing settlement report has been submitted or not.
txlandmind

Post by txlandmind »

I need to pile-on this issue. Stake is pushing for compliance and I can't comply. WOCHQ.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

txlandmind wrote:Stake is pushing for compliance
Compliance with what? I'm not sure what the deadline is, but for W-2, it's the by the end of January.
We still have 2 Sundays to go. My prediction is that it will show up sometime this week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Goodness we have become an impatient bunch... :-)

The financial training instructs us to print and distribute tax statements to members by Jan 31. It also states said tax statements will be available online "before Jan 31." We hand most out at church and then mail any that are not handed out by Jan 31.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

txlandmind wrote:I need to pile-on this issue. Stake is pushing for compliance and I can't comply. WOCHQ.
I think you or your stake leaders are confusing the submission of the Tithing Declaration Report (due 15 Jan 2018) with the printing of the pregenerated tax statements (31 Jan 2018). My stake clerk just received an email that says some units in our stake have not yet submitted their TDR, and the clerk has forwarded that reminder on to all units in the stake. So yes, the stake should be pushing for compliance of the submission of the TDR by 15 Jan 2018.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:Goodness we have become an impatient bunch... :-)
I received an email a short time ago telling me that the U.S. Tax Statement is available. It is.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”