Donating Online to a Custom Other Account

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Donating Online to a Custom Other Account

Postby Hilohi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Our ward is collecting donations for an RS service project. In the past, we've just told our ward members to write "RS service project" in the Other section of the tithing slip and then we'd deposit those donations into a custom Other account for the project in MLS. With most of our members now paying tithing online, is there a way that they can donate to a custom Other account (RS service project in this case)? Based on what I've seen on the electronic tithing slip, I'm thinking our ward members would just have to donate to this project the old fashion way, but I'd just thought I'd ask if they could do it online.
Last edited by Hilohi on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donating to the Other Account

Postby russellhltn » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:09 pm

No. The system doesn't allow donation to "Other" or any of it's sub-sections.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donating to the Other Account

Postby lajackson » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 pm

russellhltn wrote:No. The system doesn't allow donation to "Other" or any of it's sub-sections.

. . . set up by the local unit. The only online donations that can be made to Other are for the Church-wide Book of Mormon, Temple Construction, Perpetual Education, and Temple Patron Assistance funds.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”