official tax summary statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
LarsMalungahu

official tax summary statements

Post by LarsMalungahu »

:| Good Evening, My question is concerning the official tax summary statements for donors in my ward.
They have asked me if they are able to get a record of their official tax summary statements from earlier years. For an example they from 4-5 years earlier up to the current year 2016. I noticed our MLS program software that we use in our ward does not hold data that's recorded far back in those years. How am i able to get informations like this for them? Do you have any copy of recorded data of those official tax summaries from years earlier back that i or they can receive? by being sent to us?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: official tax summary statements

Post by jdlessley »

U. S. members with a member LDS Account (membership record number recorded in account profile) can get official tax statements for the past nine years at the LDS.org Donations page. On the left of the page menu select "Donor Statements" and select each year as needed. Only one statement at a time can be viewed/printed.

The records retention period for financial records in the U.S. is only for the past three years. That would be the limit for getting statements from local units. And then the member would need to contact the unit in which they made a donation and resided at the year end to get statements from local units. So the best solution is to contact headquarters if a member wants statements for the past four or five years.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”