Year end tax statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Miknmaur wrote:In trying to get the addresses for moved members it is interesting that the year to date donation summary page shows the members' new street address but not the city and state. Can this info be obtained somehow?
From the YTD summary page, go to File>Print Mailing Labels. It will bring up the option to print a mailing label for anyone on the YTD summary list. Select the donors you want, and print off the labels.
lukejeff

Post by lukejeff »

Miknmaur wrote:In trying to get the addresses for moved members it is interesting that the year to date donation summary page shows the members' new street address but not the city and state. Can this info be obtained somehow?

I was able to find current addresses for members who moved out of the ward by going to the Add/Update Donors --> File --> Print mailing labels.
colbyprk

Tithing Tax Statements when paying tithing through online bill pay

Post by colbyprk »

So I pay my tithing through my bank's "online bill pay" feature. I am not sure how widespread the use of this service is, but it is very convenient while living in Europe the past couple of years. The only problem is that it does not show up in my home branch (MLS) that I have paid one cent in tithing this year. Due to this I can't get my tax statement. Does anybody know if there is a feature to print it off from LDS.org? Any other ideas? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyprk wrote:So I pay my tithing through my bank's "online bill pay" feature. I am not sure how widespread the use of this service is, but it is very convenient while living in Europe the past couple of years. The only problem is that it does not show up in my home branch (MLS) that I have paid one cent in tithing this year. Due to this I can't get my tax statement. Does anybody know if there is a feature to print it off from LDS.org? Any other ideas? Thanks.
Each unit that you make any donations to has a separate responsibility for giving you a tax statement. No unit knows about what any other unit has received. For purposes of this discussion, the word "unit" could mean an area office, or CHQ, in addition to wards or branches.

It's not clear to me what unit you sent your online BillPay payments to, but whoever that was, you need to ask them for the receipt. Your home branch will not be able to give you a receipt for money they did not receive, and there is no feature on lds.org for printing any receipts.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”