How to handle direct debit to unit checking account

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wkostrewski

How to handle direct debit to unit checking account

Post by wkostrewski »

BYU catering provided food for our Stake's Girls' Camp and provided and invoice that reads: "Do NOT pay now. Your unit's checking account has already been charged." How do I record this expense? It appears that the only option available is to generate a check -- which is unnecessary with the direct debit. I have the receipt from BYU catering so the documentation requirement is met.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to handle direct debit to unit checking account

Post by jdlessley »

wkostrewski wrote:BYU catering provided food for our Stake's Girls' Camp and provided and invoice that reads: "Do NOT pay now. Your unit's checking account has already been charged." How do I record this expense? It appears that the only option available is to generate a check -- which is unnecessary with the direct debit. I have the receipt from BYU catering so the documentation requirement is met.
I suspect your stake will get an IROP through MLS similar to the way online distribution center orders are processed and paid. You may have to recategorize the expense once it shows up in the system so it will be debited against the proper budget category.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”