Entering fundraiser money

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

LSS wrote:In the event you don't use all of the money from a fund raiser, you may hold it over for the next years' annual camp.
This indeed is found in the "Other Account" training material (in the bottom "caveat" box) on slide 12. I didn't notice it the first time through. Another good reason to review the training materials often... I guess I have my question answered. :D
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:This indeed is found in the "Other Account" training material (in the bottom "caveat" box) on slide 12. I didn't notice it the first time through. Another good reason to review the training materials often... I guess I have my question answered.
Excellent catch!

Your find is a perfect example of the wisdom of Bishop Burton's advice:
Clerks and auditors should take the training when they are newly called and then again after they have been serving for a period of time.
There's no way a clerk can catch all the details the first time through the training. Only after he has some experience under his belt is he in a position to notice some of those subtleties. Also, all the training lessons were updated in 2008, so if you took the lessons prior to 2008, there is something new for you to learn.
ttmetusela

Re: Entering fundraiser money

Post by ttmetusela »

IS there any policy that bans the exchange of cash at the chapel if we are doing a fundraiser as a cake auction at the chapel rec hall?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Entering fundraiser money

Post by russellhltn »

ttmetusela wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:28 am IS there any policy that bans the exchange of cash at the chapel if we are doing a fundraiser as a cake auction at the chapel rec hall?
Not as far as I can find. However General Handbook does say "Only the bishop and his counselors may receive tithes and other offerings" (34.5.2)

Also, under fundraisers, it prohibits things that would be taxable.

Your state may have requirements regarding food items that are sold. Many require that it be cooked in a commercial kitchen witch would be out of reach of the members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”