When do checks affect the Budget Allowance?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Along these lines, beware of purchases made late in December from the Distribution Center billed to your budget using your unit's number. These can take anywhere from 3 to 14 days to post to your unit. (I have yet to figure out why it varies so much.) If it happens to get delayed and post in January, it WILL be deducted from your January budget, even though the purchase might have been made mid-December.

This bit me last year and the amount was significant. On top of that, our stake chooses to not roll-over any ward budget funds from year to year and this created unused funds for the prior year that could have been applied to another need we had.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

Mikerowaved wrote:Along these lines, beware of purchases made late in December from the Distribution Center billed to your budget using your unit's number. These can take anywhere from 3 to 14 days to post to your unit. (I have yet to figure out why it varies so much.) If it happens to get delayed and post in January, it WILL be deducted from your January budget, even though the purchase might have been made mid-December.

This bit me last year and the amount was significant. On top of that, our stake chooses to not roll-over any ward budget funds from year to year and this created unused funds for the prior year that could have been applied to another need we had.
Interesting. Do you know if that also includes on-line purchases using the wards account at http://www.ldscatalog.com ?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

elderlarryhawkes wrote:Interesting. Do you know if that also includes on-line purchases using the wards account at http://www.ldscatalog.com ?
I'm sorry, I don't know, but I'm sure someone else here can answer that.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”