HQ Transfer Jan 2016

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
alnoe

HQ Transfer Jan 2016

Post by alnoe »

I'm the financial clerk in our ward. I had a question from an auxiliary leader about a sum being transferred by church HQ from Primary to Scriptures category on Jan 3 thereby reducing their budget amount. What would be the reason HQ would do this? The reason given for the transfer was to zero out the Subcategory Primary. Is this normal practice prior to distributing the first quarterly allowance? I guess I can call and find out but wanted to post here first.
eblood66

Re: HQ Transfer Jan 2016

Post by eblood66 »

I've never heard of CHQ making any transfer between budget categories. I'd check with the ward clerk and bishopric and make sure it wasn't done by another leader in you ward. That seems much more likely than CHQ doing something.
alnoe

Post by alnoe »

It was definitely done by CHQ as it was notated on the transfer info. Transfers are logged with the user who initiates it and it's sitting in scripture category now. I guess I'll go and transfer back to primary. Just curious if anyone else out there has seen anything similar or knows a reason CHQ would do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call local unit support on Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday) and see if they can shed any light. It might have been done at the request of someone in the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alnoe

Post by alnoe »

Appreciate it!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”