Missionary Accounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Missionary Accounts

Postby Hilohi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:26 pm

We have missionary accounts for two missionaries who have returned from their missions. One account has a negative balance and the other account has a positive balance. I was asked by the stake clerk to zero-out these accounts. I clicked around in MLS, but I couldn't find a way to do this. Does anyone know how to zero-out missionary accounts?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Accounts

Postby russellhltn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Hilohi wrote:Does anyone know how to zero-out missionary accounts?

By transferring money within the Ward Missionary account.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

rontilby

Postby rontilby » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:44 pm

I recommend that you first, print a summary showing the balances of all ward missionary accounts, and also print a detail income and expense report for each of the non-zero balance missionary sub-accounts and discuss them with your bishop. The bishop may want to encourage the supporters of the missionary with a negative balance to fulfill their commitment.

At your bishop's direction, you go into MLS > Finance > Transfers and enter a funds transfer transaction for the appropriate amount to or from the generic Ward Missionary Fund and the appropriate Ward Missionary Sub-Account.

pjbenton

Postby pjbenton » Mon May 16, 2016 6:51 am

I actually have a question. I am the exec sec trying to help out the new ward clerk and financial clerk. How do you delete missionaries that have completed and returned returned from the donation list of current missionaries serving from the ward to donate to? Paul B.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 am

pjbenton wrote:I actually have a question. I am the exec sec trying to help out the new ward clerk and financial clerk. How do you delete missionaries that have completed and returned returned from the donation list of current missionaries serving from the ward to donate to? Paul B.

Make sure their account balance is 0 (if necessary by transferring funds from or to the top level Ward Missionary Fund account). After 2 or 3 months the account will automatically be removed by CHQ. There is nothing you can do to explicitly remove it.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”