Excess ward missionary funds

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stott-p40
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:52 am

Excess ward missionary funds

Postby stott-p40 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 pm

We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:40 pm

stott wrote:We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan


If I remember correctly, you should be able to deposit it to the general missionary fund.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Techgy wrote:If I remember correctly, you should be able to deposit it to the general missionary fund.


This is NOT correct. That would send the funds to an entirely different account.

Please review this post and those that follow it in the thread for the correct information.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:This is NOT correct. That would send the funds to an entirely different account.

Please review this post and those that follow it in the thread for the correct information.


Thanks for the correction Alan. I was going on what we had experienced when our son served his mission a few years ago. I was under the impression that the general fund was a SLC fund.

User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Postby Mikerowaved » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 am

stott wrote:We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan

Your post title mentioned "ward missionary" funds. The answer to that is easy, just cut a check to the stake. They will either use it where needed or send it on to the Church for you.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

crislapi
Senior Member
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Postby crislapi » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:40 am

Mikerowaved wrote:Your post title mentioned "ward missionary" funds. The answer to that is easy, just cut a check to the stake. They will either use it where needed or send it on to the Church for you.


When funds exceed some amount, a ward is notified by HQ (through the stake) to cut a check to the [font=Verdana][font=Verdana]Corporation of the President[/font][/font]for a specified amount and send it to HQ. Alan_Brown's link contains the specifics. That sounds like what has happened here.


Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest