Donor Statements and Tithing Statements don't match

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mcall84

Donor Statements and Tithing Statements don't match

Post by mcall84 »

I had a ward member come in and review his Tithing Statement which said he had paid no tithing. Yet when I pulled up his Donor Statement it had all of his donations listed there. Is there a reason those two might not match? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donor Statements and Tithing Statements don't match

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if his donor record isn't connected with his membership record. Or maybe he has two donor records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is possible the donations belong to someone else and were recorded in his donor record. This can happen when donor names are the same or similar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We have a situation where a new member began paying Tithing before he was baptized. The Clerk at the time created a non-member record for the donation and that has carried forward all year. No one went back and linked the original donation to his membership record after he joined the church so I have a year's worth of donations to fix. Easy to do, but it had me scratching my head for a few minutes until I saw what had happened.

It is possible you have a scenario like this where the name is correct, but is not associated with their membership record. I found it by inspecting the list of donors - he was there only once, and was listed as a nonmember, which I knew was incorrect.
bdhainsw

Post by bdhainsw »

I saw this situation yesterday. The Tithing Statement showed nothing, but the Donor Statement showed all their donations. The membership record number and name are the same on both reports. Is there anything I should do? Is there anything Headquarters should do?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does the donor statement list tithing donations, or just fast offerings, etc.? Only tithing donations would show up on the tithing statement, but the donor statement is more extensive.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bdhainsw

Post by bdhainsw »

The donor statement shows tithing also.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:Does the donor statement list tithing donations, or just fast offerings, etc.? Only tithing donations would show up on the tithing statement, but the donor statement is more extensive.
Tithing Settlement statements show all donations-tithing and fast offerings have their own columns and everything else is grouped together under Additional Donations. The donation statement is almost the same but without the check boxes for the tithing status declaration and without the additional space to write in donations made at tithing settlement.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”