Problems with students and the donor database

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 3132
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Problems with students and the donor database

Postby Mikerowaved » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:50 am

I noticed something odd yesterday with the donor database. When students from our ward go to college and have their records transferred out to a student ward, MLS correctly changes their donor status to a "Member of another unit". However, when they move back in and have their records transferred back, MLS does NOT reset their donor status to "Member of unit". (I don't remember the exact terms MLS uses, but you get the idea.)

I had a whole family move out for 5 months then come back and I had to manually reset every one of their family's donor status flags to "Member of unit" and go through the process of selecting each of their names from the ward list so the donor database would accept that status.

I don't remember having to do this before. I ended up going through the entire move-in list and compare it to the donor datebase to see if any had left and come back during the year so I could correct their status. And yes, I found several more. Anyone else see this? :confused:

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6142
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:59 am

Mikerowaved wrote:When students from our ward go to college and have their records transferred out to a student ward, MLS correctly changes their donor status to a "Member of another unit". However, when they move back in and have their records transferred back, MLS does NOT reset their donor status to "Member of unit".

Anyone else see this?


Yes. When they move out the status changes, but when they move in, it does not.

Are they on the list of members who need to have their financial accounts associated with their membership records? Or did MLS "remember" that they were there at one time and do it automatically?

When you do the association (if you are asked), you have the opportunity to switch them to member of unit.

User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 3132
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Postby Mikerowaved » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:30 pm

lajackson wrote:Are they on the list of members who need to have their financial accounts associated with their membership records?

Not that I can see. No urgent tasks show up, if that's what you mean.

lajackson wrote:Or did MLS "remember" that they were there at one time and do it automatically?

MLS DOES remember because when I manually change the radio button from "Member of another unit" to "Member of unit", I can see their membership number but it's grayed out. I then get the usual pop-up asking me to select the member from the ward list.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.


Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest