Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sareid

Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Post by sareid »

Ok so now that members can pay their tithing online and see their history, wouldn't it be great to be able as a Financial Clerk, enter those transactions through LDS.org? Seems like it would be very much the same process as doing your own tithing on the web. Then if you could run reports from it for tithing settlement etc. I am sure many of the financial aspects could be done online - check printing as well that opens the check in a PDF that you can print on check stock. I'm only saying this part because I have worked in payroll for over 10 years and can process everything on the web. I am sure we could do the same.
eblood66

Re: Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Post by eblood66 »

We've been told that all of the MLS functions will be moved online eventually. So I'm sure all of that will happen. But that doesn't mean it will happen soon. They haven't implemented all of the membership related functionality yet and I'm pretty sure that will be done before the financial parts are added.
pgmicros01

Post by pgmicros01 »

The problem with that is it requires 2 people to process any entry,
one of which must be a Bishopric member.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Don't worry. When the donation function of MLS is moved to LCR, the Companion Principle will remain in effect. Two people, including a bishopric member, will still be required to create a donation batch. As it is with MLS, the clerk usually logs in, but both the bishopric member and the clerk are required to enter their passwords to close and submit the donation batch.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

pgmicros01 wrote:The problem with that is it requires 2 people to process any entry,
one of which must be a Bishopric member.
I'm confident that when all the financial transactions move to LCR, tithing will still be processed in the Clerk's office each Sunday just as it is now. The only difference will be that instead of recording it in MLS and transmitting it to CHQ, it will be recorded directly to CHQ through LCR (or something similar).
ydelton

Post by ydelton »

Is it functional now?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ydelton wrote:Is it functional now?
Not in the U.S. yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
erick_pence

Post by erick_pence »

It is functional in LCR as of a month or two ago
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

erick_pence wrote:It is functional in LCR as of a month or two ago
There are units participating in the beta program. But the capability has not been rolled out to all units.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
slcwxman

Post by slcwxman »

Has anyone found out if the list of member names that comes up in the lcr donation entry function can be set to show only current unit members? I'm getting names of members that crossed the veil or left the unit several years ago.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”