Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sareid

Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Postby sareid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Ok so now that members can pay their tithing online and see their history, wouldn't it be great to be able as a Financial Clerk, enter those transactions through LDS.org? Seems like it would be very much the same process as doing your own tithing on the web. Then if you could run reports from it for tithing settlement etc. I am sure many of the financial aspects could be done online - check printing as well that opens the check in a PDF that you can print on check stock. I'm only saying this part because I have worked in payroll for over 10 years and can process everything on the web. I am sure we could do the same.

eblood66

Re: Online Tithing Entry for Financial Clerks

Postby eblood66 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm

We've been told that all of the MLS functions will be moved online eventually. So I'm sure all of that will happen. But that doesn't mean it will happen soon. They haven't implemented all of the membership related functionality yet and I'm pretty sure that will be done before the financial parts are added.

pgmicros01

Postby pgmicros01 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm

The problem with that is it requires 2 people to process any entry,
one of which must be a Bishopric member.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 am

Don't worry. When the donation function of MLS is moved to LCR, the Companion Principle will remain in effect. Two people, including a bishopric member, will still be required to create a donation batch. As it is with MLS, the clerk usually logs in, but both the bishopric member and the clerk are required to enter their passwords to close and submit the donation batch.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am

pgmicros01 wrote:The problem with that is it requires 2 people to process any entry,
one of which must be a Bishopric member.

I'm confident that when all the financial transactions move to LCR, tithing will still be processed in the Clerk's office each Sunday just as it is now. The only difference will be that instead of recording it in MLS and transmitting it to CHQ, it will be recorded directly to CHQ through LCR (or something similar).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”