Tithing Settlement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing Settlement

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Just as a thought, you might ask the Ward Clerk to pull it up.
Our Ward Assistant Clerk -- Finances can edit them. He has just never checked closely to the date the member made the actual contribution.
OK, so it might be a date thing, or maybe davesudweeks isn't set up right in his calling. MLS will frequently grant fiance rights based on the local setup in MLS. But this new feature might be looking at the actual calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:MLS will frequently grant fiance rights based on the local setup in MLS. But this new feature might be looking at the actual calling.
Not any longer. This went away months ago. You now need both the proper calling in LCR and financial rights in MLS to take care of any financial activities in MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:MLS will frequently grant fiance rights based on the local setup in MLS. But this new feature might be looking at the actual calling.
Not any longer. This went away months ago. You now need both the proper calling in LCR and financial rights in MLS to take care of any financial activities in MLS.
And the calling will need to be synced from LCR down to MLS (use send/receive changes)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, I was trying to figure out how a clerk might have finance rights in MLS and yet be unable to edit a on-line transaction. We have had cases where people had finance rights but couldn't sign batches. Of course, I am assuming this was on-line with the new system and not the old billpay system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I should be at the church tonight or tomorrow night and will check. I think I only opened one or two very recent ones when I saw them so they may have been too soon to be editable. I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that the local ward would not be able to make changes to online donations, but maybe I was dreaming... :-)
With General Conference and National Guard duty, I have not been at the MLS computer since mid-week last week.

Thanks for all the ideas and checking.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that the local ward would not be able to make changes to online donations, but maybe I was dreaming... :-)
That's probably true about other kinds of donations. In some cases, the local ward doesn't even see it.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:I think I only opened one or two very recent ones when I saw them so they may have been too soon to be editable. I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that the local ward would not be able to make changes to online donations, but maybe I was dreaming... :-)
Dream on. According to the help instructions at Online Donations, a member is directed to the local clerk if any corrections are needed. Congratulations!
Help > FAQs > Q11 . . . I made a mistake . . .
A11. . . print a copy of your completed donation, take it to your ward or branch financial clerk, and ask him to correct the donation category for you on the ward or branch computer.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This discussion is beginning to fork the thread from tithing settlement so I started a new thread with my results from this evening here: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23089

Return to “Local Unit Finance”